Almost every Nigerian today who uses a mobile phone has bought a recharge card before. Have you ever thought about who even prints these recharge cards and how you too can start the recharge card printing business in Nigeria?
Well if you’ve been thinking in that direction, then you’re on the right page. In this article, you will learn how to start this recharge card printing business here in Nigeria and get huge returns from this business.
Recharge card printing is arguably one of the hottest businesses in Nigeria right now and many people are rushing to join and make money.
The good thing about this business is that you can operate it successfully anywhere in Nigeria even from your bedroom if you have all the required tools to start up.
Recharge card printers can also choose to sell directly to customers or engage in the retail of recharge cards (selling to other sellers).
If you are thinking of setting up this business in Nigeria by yourself, below is a step-by-step guide to help you start making money in no distant time from printing recharge cards.
- How To Start Recharge Card Printing Business In Nigeria + Requirements (Updated)
How To Start Recharge Card Printing Business In Nigeria + Requirements (Updated)
All businesses require your time and some materials to run smoothly and this recharge card printing business is not an exception to this fact.
Below are some of the requirements to start this business and its uses.
1. A Computer Or Laptop – Although you can do this business in a Cybercafe with the computers there, it is highly recommended that you get a good PC or laptop if you’re serious.
2. Printer – We all know what a printer is used for and that’s printing. This can either be black and white or a colored printer which you’ll use to print the recharge card pins.
3. Papers (A4 is highly recommended) – This is what will be used in printing the recharge card pins/vouchers from a printer.
4. Recharge Card Printing Software – This apparently the most important of all mentioned here. This is a special kind of software that will be installed on your computer and is used to decrypt the encrypted E-Pin sent to your email so that you can print it out.
5. E-Pins (Airtel, Glo, Mtn & Airtel) – These are the recharge card pins that fetch you money when you print and market them. They can be gotten from various E-pin dealers nationwide (which will be discussed later in this post)
6. Internet – This is not compulsory but will be required if you’re buying the E-pins online because these pins will be sent to your email address and you need an internet connection to access your email inbox to download it.
6. USB Flash Drive – This can be used when you don’t have a personal internet connection. You can use it to store the pins you copied from your email so you can print from a printer. A memory card with a USB card reader can also be used in this case.
7. Capital (Money) – We don’t need to tell you that this is necessary because the guide on starting this recharge card printing business in Nigeria you’re about to read now won’t work for you if you don’t have the required capital to start.
Now you know what is required for a starter, below is a step-by-step guide on how to start a recharge card printing business in Nigeria.
The guide below will also include various levels of the recharge card printing business and the required capital to start up the business.
Recharge Card Printing Levels & Required Capital To Start.
As they say, all fingers are not equal. Some individuals have more money to start and others may not have the same.
There are various levels in this recharge card printing business which are the Recharge Card Mega dealers, Recharge Card Wholesalers, and Recharge Card Retailers.
Below is an explanation of each of them and the required capital/funds to start.
1. Recharge Card Mega dealers
These guys are the biggest and top level in the recharge card printing business. They are widely recognized all over Nigeria and this level requires huge capital to start.
Recharge card mega dealers get their own E-pins (in large quantities) from various Nigerian telecom companies like Mtn, Airtel, 9Mobile, and Glo then sell to the wholesalers at their own rates.
The MegaDealer level is not easy to start due to low capital and reduced supply of pins by the telecom companies.
Overall, it is the most profitable of all the levels that are mentioned here if you have the money and can take risks.
The required capital to set up the Recharge card Mega dealer business is approximately 10 Million Naira or more depending on your capital. Remember, the more you invest, the more you gain.
2. Recharge Card Wholesalers
Wholesalers in this industry are those who buy from the mega dealers (often at discounted rates) and sell to the retailers who in turn sell these recharge vouchers to the end-users(customers).
This level is also profitable if you have a good supplier and customers (retailers) who will readily purchase when they are available.
People at this level make 5 Naira for every 100 Naira recharge cards they sell. So let’s do the maths if you’re able to sell 10,000 Naira worth of recharge cards daily to the retailers (this is very easy if you’re good at networking) then you’ll be making a total of 5,000 Naira per day and 150,000 Naira per month.
This sounds like a cool deal to me. To start up the recharge card printing business at this level, you need an approximate capital of 100,000 Naira to 150,000 Naira to earn huge returns by the end of each month.
3. Recharge Card Retailers
These are the last set of people in the recharge card business line. Retailers buy at cheaper prices from the wholesalers and sell to the ordinary Nigerian man who wants to recharge his phone at various locations throughout Nigeria.
This is the best bet for people on a small budget but who want to start this business. This level of recharge card business card is done alongside other businesses in a shop or store close to a very busy area with a high demand for recharge cards.
People in this level of the business make between 1,000 Naira to 5,000 Naira daily(could be more depending on your location and availability of the recharge card pins from your supplier). It requires an average capital of 10,000 Naira(could be higher or lower) to start up.
All people who engage in this business can print the recharge card themselves and this section of the post is going to teach you how to do that provided that all requirements listed above are complete.
How To Print Recharge Cards And Sell
Printing these recharge cards is very easy. This doesn’t matter if you’re a computer guru or not. All you need is a basic knowledge of how to use the computer and that’s all.
To print these recharge pins, you need the E-pins(which can be gotten from your dealer) plus a computer software called Netdivo.
Netdivo is a paid software that is used to decrypt the encrypted E-Pin sent to your email(after buying from dealers) and format these pins for you to print them out like the normal recharge cards you see in various places around you.
This software is not FREE, you need to pay 9,500 Naira only to activate and enjoy the full features of the software for life. To download this software, visit their website here (contact them after downloading to purchase your own unique activation key).
After Buying The Software, What Next?
When you’ve successfully purchased the Netdivo software, some things which you’ll be given include:
- A complete version of the software which you can use to print as many recharge cards as you like
- A sample E-Pin file that you can print out for training purposes
- Contact details of major E-Pin dealers of all networks in Nigeria.
After getting all these things mentioned above, try to use the software and understand it because this is what you’ll be using to print all E-Pins you buy from dealers.
When you’re familiar with the software, you can reach out to any of the dealers provided on the list of dealers made available after purchasing the software to buy your first set of recharge card pins for sale.
Note that the recharge card printing software only works on laptops and desktop computers and not smartphones. If you want to use your mobile phone for printing recharge card pins, you will need to use the PrintAirtimeOnline website on your preferred web broswer.
And that’s it. You’ve learned how to start this recharge card printing business all by yourself using the step-by-step guide in this article. Depeding on your capital, you can make anywhere between N100,000 and N500,000 motnly from this buniess if you do it the right way with the correct tools.