If you’re encountering error codes on your GOTV device, you’ve come to the right place. In fact, these errors stop you from viewing your favorite channels even after paying subscriptions.
In this article, we will walk you through the process of troubleshooting and resolving common GOTV error codes that you may encounter while in use. Our goal is to provide you with the most detailed and accurate information to help you resolve these GOTV issues and get back to enjoying your favorite programs without interruption.
Resolving GOTV Error Codes
Before we dive into the specific error codes and their solutions, let’s take a moment to understand what these error codes mean.
GOTV error codes are alphanumeric codes that appear on your screen when there is an issue with your device or service. These codes provide valuable information about the nature of the problem, enabling you to take appropriate action to resolve it.
- Error Code 16-4: This error typically occurs when there is a signal problem with your GOTV device. To resolve this issue, ensure that your antenna or satellite dish is properly aligned and that there are no physical obstructions blocking the signal. Additionally, check all cable connections and ensure they are securely plugged in. Restart your device and perform a channel scan to see if the issue has been resolved.
- Error Code E48-32: This error indicates a signal problem as well. Start by checking the signal strength on your device. If the signal strength is weak, adjust your antenna or satellite dish for better reception. Consider repositioning the antenna or dish to a higher location or one with fewer obstructions. If the issue persists, contact your service provider for further assistance.
- Error Code E16: This error is associated with subscription-related issues. Ensure that your subscription is active and up to date. If you have recently made a payment, it may take some time for the system to reflect the update. Wait for a few minutes and restart your device to see if the error is resolved. If the problem persists, contact your service provider for assistance.
- Error Code E30-4: This error occurs when your GOTV decoder has been disconnected for an extended period. To resolve this issue, you need to reactivate your device. Visit the GOTV self-service portal or contact your service provider’s customer support to initiate the reactivation process. Follow the instructions provided, and your device should be up and running again.
- Error Code E17-4: This error is related to a smartcard problem. Ensure that the smartcard is correctly inserted into the decoder. Remove the card, clean the chip gently, and reinsert it. If the error persists, contact your service provider for further assistance.
How to Clear GOTV E48-32 Error Message
- Check if antenna is properly connected to decoder, if it isn’t, connect properly.
- Tap on the OK button to see signal information
- Go to Menu>Advanced>Installation – click on Auto scan
- If the error is not a general issue from GOTV, channel 48 and 52 will come up for you.
- When the scanning is complete, you see Channel 99. If it doesn’t come up, you will need to rescan to have access to all channels you paid for.
How to Clear GOTV E016 Error Message
- Open the message box on your decoder
- Send “RESET IUC NUMBER” to 4688, i.e. RESET 5678012574 to 4688
- This should solve the problem.
Additional Tips for Troubleshooting
Here are a few additional tips that may help you troubleshoot and resolve other GOTV error codes:
- Check your cables: Ensure that all cables are securely connected and in good condition. Faulty cables can cause signal problems and other errors.
- Restart your device: Sometimes, a simple restart can fix temporary glitches or software-related issues. Turn off your GOTV device, unplug it from the power source, wait for a few minutes, and then plug it back in and turn it on.
- Update your software: Ensure that your GOTV device’s software is up to date. Manufacturers often release updates to improve performance and fix bugs.
- Contact customer support: If you have tried all the troubleshooting steps and the error persists, don’t hesitate to contact your service provider’s customer support. They have the expertise to assist you in resolving complex issues.
By following these troubleshooting steps and using the information provided, you can successfully clear most GOTV Error codes