If you have been searching for a list of all accredited courses offered in FUNAAB right now, you have just landed on the right page.
In this post, we will be sharing a list of all accredited FUNAAB courses, FUNAAB faculties, and their respective admission requirements this year.
The Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta is a federal government-owned and managed tertiary educational institution (university in this case) which was established on 1st of January, 1988.
FUNAAB was established alongside the University of Agriculture, Markurdi, and Micheal Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike (MOAU) when four universities of technology, earlier merged in 1984, were demerged.
It is one of the most respected universities of Agriculture in the country and this university is considered the first choice of many Nigerian students seeking admission in science and technology related (most especially Nigerians from the South-western parts of Nigeria).
If you’re currently considering this institution as your first or second choice university, it is very important to get the list of all accredited courses offered in FUNAAB so you can know if your desired course is available in the university or not.
Below, you will find a list of all faculties in FUNAAB alongside a complete list of courses offered in the university.
Faculties In Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB)
The Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta uses the “College System” of naming faculties and it currently has a total number of 10 colleges.
These colleges are listed below.
- College Of Management Sciences (COLMAS)
- College Of Environmental Resources Management (COLERM)
- College Of Animal Science & Livestock Production (COLANIM)
- College Of Agricultural Management & Rural Development (COLAMRUD)
- College Of Plant Science & Crop Production (COLPLANT)
- College Of Biological Sciences (COLBIOS)
- College Of Food Science & Human Ecology (COLFHEC)
- College Of Veterinary Medicine (COLVET)
- College Of Engineering (COLENG)
- College Of Physical Sciences (COLPHY)
- School Of Post Graduates Studies
List Of All Courses Offered In FUNAAB
The Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB) has a total number of 179 academic programs.
These programs are made up of 44 undergraduate programs and 135 graduate programs (22 Postgraduate diploma programs, 57 Master’s degree programs, and 56 Doctoral degree programs).
Here is an updated list of all undergraduate courses offered in FUNAAB. These courses are listed under the faculties they fall in.
College Of Management Sciences (COLMAS)
- Banking and Finance
- Business Enterprise Management
- Entrepreneurial Studies
College Of Environmental Resources Management (COLERM)
- Aquaculture and Fisheries Management
- Environmental Management and Toxicology
- Forestry and Wildlife Management
- Water Resources Management and Agrometeorology
College Of Animal Science & Livestock Production (COLANIM)
- Animal Breeding and Genetics
- Animal Physiology
- Animal Production and Health
- Pasture and Range Management
College Of Agricultural Management & Rural Development (COLAMRUD)
- Agricultural Economics and Farm Management
- Agricultural Extension and Rural Development
- Agricultural Administration
- Communication and General Studies
College Of Plant Science & Crop Production (COLPLANT)
- Crop Protection
- Plant Breeding and Seed Technology
- Plant Physiology and Crop Production
- Soil Science and Land Management
College Of Biological Sciences (COLBIOS)
- Applied Zoology
- Applied Botany
College Of Food Science & Human Ecology (COLFHEC)
- Food Science and Technology
- Home Science and Management
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Foodservice and Tourism
College Of Veterinary Medicine (COLVET)
- Veterinary Anatomy
- Veterinary Physiology & Pharmacology
- Veterinary Pathology
- Veterinary Microbiology & Parasitology
- Veterinary Medicine & Surgery
- Veterinary Public Health & Reproduction
College Of Engineering (COLENG)
- Agricultural Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
College Of Physical Sciences (COLPHY)
- Computer Science
FUNAAB Admission Requirements (Updated)
All FUNAB applicants are advised to check the JAMB brochure for the year in order to get the updated admission requirements as stated by the admissions board at the Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta. You can find the JAMB brochure online via this link.
Generally, any applicant who is seeking for admission in FUNAAB must possess a minimum of credit passes in 5 subjects including English language at SSCE, GCE, O’LEVEL and a minimum of 180 in the UTME examinations.
FUNAAB is is one of the top universities of agriculture in Nigeria and one of the most respected tertiary institutions in the south-western parts of the country.
Currently, FUNAAB offers of 179 academic programs, 44 of which are undergraduate programs while 135 are graduate programs including postgraduate diploma, master’s and doctoral degree programs.
If you were searching for a list of all accredited courses offered in FUNAAB, we hope you found this article helpful.