The Nigerian Civil Defence Corps is a paramilitary institution/agency established in May 1997 by the Nigerian government. The NSCDC was created to provide measures against threat and any form of attack or disaster against Nigeria and/or its citizens.
As stated in my former article which was about NSCDC ranks and salary structure (you can also check it out), the Nigerian Civil Defence Corps recruits new officers through the NSCDC portal and this is that time of the year when the recruitment portal is open for new applicants.
If you’re currently searching for how to go about the NSCDC recruitment process, this article is here to serve as your guide as we will be talking about the Nigerian Civil Defence recruitment process, requirements, latest news and how to apply using the portal provided by this paramilitary agency.
One thing to note about the application process is that the Nigerian Civil defence Corps is very strict with their requirements but don’t worry as all the requirements for the NSCDC recruitment process would be outlined in this article.
Requirements For NSCDC Recruitment 2019/2020
Below are the requirements for applicants wishing to join the Nigerian Civil Defence corps.
- Applicants must be Nigerians by birth.
- Applicants must possess the requisite qualifications and certificates.
- Any certificate or qualification not presented and accepted at the recruitment centre shall not be accepted after the recruitment.
- Applicants must be medically fit and present a certificate of medical fitness from recognized Government Hospitals.
- Applicants must be of good character, and must not have been convicted of any criminal offence.
- Applicants must not have been involved in any financial embarrassment.
- Applicants must not be members of a secret society, Cult or Drug Addict etc.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 30 years
- Applicants height must not be less than 1.65m for males and 1.60m for females
How To Apply For Nigeria Civil Defence Recruitment 2019/2020
Please note that the recruitment portal is opened only when the NSCDC needs new officers and you can only know if the recruitment portal is opened by visiting the NSCDC website. Below is a step by step process that applicants who want to apply for jobs at the Nigerian Civil Defence Corps.
- Visit the NSCDC recruitment portal at http://nscdc.gov.ng/nscdc-careers/
- If they’re currently recruiting officers, then the portal will be open for applications but if they aren’t recruiting, then you’ll see the “NO VACANCY” image.
- Fill the online application form carefully, review and then submit.
- Follow all other instructions on the portal for additional clarifications on your application
- Wait for an email from them on the status of your application. Please note that getting a reply from them takes time so you have to wait.
Important Notes & Latest News
Like I said earlier in this article, you have to check the Nigerian Civil Defence Portal regularly to know when they’re taking in new applications. There are so many fraudsters online and offline claiming to be NSCDC agents or middlemen so you have to beware of them in order not to become a victim.
Another important thing to know about this is that the application form is completely free of charge. Don’t let anyone deceive you into buying any application forms as anyone who does this is regarded as a fraudster.
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process of the Nigerian civil defence corps or if you want me to give you updates regarding this, please let me know in the comment section below.