Have you enrolled for your National Identification Number (NIN) by the NIMC and you’re currently looking for how to check NIN number? Well, this post is for you. Well, in the be explaining how to check your NIN number from your mobile phone by dialling a special USSD code.
Before going properly into the post which is how to check NIN number, let’s explain the meaning of NIN and its importance to the Nigerian populace.
The National Identification Number (NIN) is a set of numbers (usually 11 in number) which is assigned to a user individual upon successful enrolment for the National Identification System by NIMC
It is also mandatory for every citizen and legal residents in Nigeria to enrol for the National Identification Number (NIN).
Some uses of the National Identification Number (NIN) are as follows:
- It is used as a unique identifier for every citizen and legal permanent residents in Nigeria.
- The NIN number is used to register and check the availability of your National Identification Card(if you enrolled for one).
Other things to know about the National Identification Number (NIN) are as follows:
- The National Identification Number (NIN) consists of 11 numbers and is assigned to an individual at the completion of his/her enrolment.
- No two individuals can possess the same NIN number.
- The NIN of an individual is rendered invalid upon death
- All citizens and legal residents in Nigeria are eligible to enrol for the NIN.
Without wasting much time, let’s teach you how to check NIN number with USSD codes 2019.
How To Check NIN Number
Your NIN number is available on slip given to you after registration at the NIMC registration centre.
However, if you’ve forgotten your NIN number or you don’t remember where you kept the NIN slip, this section of the blog post is going to show you how to check NIN number without your slip.
The NIMC’s USSD code NIN number checking service enables you to recover your NIN easily using your mobile phone instead of going through the stress of transporting yourself to the nearest NIMC centre.
To check your NIN number, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to your dialer or phone app and dial *346#
- Select the “NIN Retrieval” option, by typing in ‘1’ to check your NIN number if you dialled this code from the phone number you used when registering for your NIN.
- Select “NIN Search” by typing in ‘2’, to check your NIN by inputting some of your registration details if you’ve lost your phone number or using another phone.
- Congratulations, you are finally able to check your NIN for your mobile device.
Please note that a one time fee of
N20 (Twenty Naira) will be deducted from your mobile airtime in order to use this NIN checking service.
This post has been about how to check your NIN with USSD codes and we hope that it has helped you in checking your NIN number on your mobile device.
Also, consider sharing this post with friends who might have the same problem via the social media share buttons below👇. Cheers.
Check Out These Posts: